Saturday, August 13, 2016

No Man's Diary #3


(1 | 2)
Day Three
I warp into a new system, which I find is occupied by a gruff but honourable warrior race. The first planet I land on, I find another Manufacturing Plant - score! While trying to blast the door down, I attract the attention of the Guardian drones nearby. By the time the dust has settled and the door is open, I've killed five of them, but I now have the blueprint for antimatter, which will come in useful for making Warp fuel.

The second planet is a storm-prone radioactive rock with scattered oceans. It has no vegetation, and it's populated entirely by bouncing potato creatures. I haven't named the planet yet; I may just call it "Ireland".

A beacon directs me to an outpost nearby, where one of the not!Klingons gives me a new multitool. There's another one in the box behind him, but I stick with the free upgrade for now.

I find another couple of outposts, sell some of the junk I've picked up, and head off to the third planet in the system. On the way, an alert pops up telling me that I'm being scanned by another ship. What follows are three firsts: my first space battle; my first enemy ship kill; and my first death.

I didn't take any screenshots of my death; here are some space potatoes instead.

After respawning at the space station, I fly back to my grave to recover my lost cargo. Fortunately, the pirates have fled in the meantime.

Back at the station, I look at a few docked ships for possible upgrades, but the one I want costs over a million units; oof. I begin to wonder if I should consider trading, but it's getting late and my recent death has put a bit of a dampener on my mood for exploring. I resolve to upgrade my ship a bit in anticipation of future encounters, and log out.

No comments:

Post a Comment